[Ti] Flash Drive for VM?

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Thu Jan 11 05:38:24 PST 2007

I (thought that I) read something somewhere the other day about VISTA
being able to use Flash Memory as RAM.

I could not find this or confirm it.

The thinking process led me to this question:

			Is it possible to put Mac OS X virtual memory (VM) files on a
flash drive, to speed up our Powerbooks ?

I cannot run the experiment myself, as I do not have a very large
flash drive (256Mb).

However, SwapCop does enable me to move the VM files to this 256 Mb
flash drive, so if I had one of the right size (4Gb?) it might be a
useful way to speed up my Powerbook.

Did anyone else on the List ever try this, or can anyone (with a
large Flash Drive) try it, and see if it makes any difference??

regards,  Trevor