[Ti] trouble installing 9.2.2 on 867 TiBook

soul313413212 at earthlink.net soul313413212 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 19 08:34:33 PST 2007

Hi. I'm new to the list. Please forgive me if this has been covered, but I didn't find much searching the archive.

I have an 867MHz TiBook which I want to boot in OS 9. It had no OS 9 when I acquired it. I succeeded in dragging an OS 9.2.2 from a CD burned on a desktop G4. It works, except there is no sound output, audio CDs won't play and it won't sleep (these things work fine in OSX). I also tried dragging an OS9.1 and then running the updaters -- same result.

I figure I need to get an original OS9 install disk for this thing. There are some that are ALMOST for this TiBook on eBay (ones for an 800MHz or a 1GHz or an iBook). Does anybody know if I have to get the exact CD that came with the 867?

Thanks ever so,

Jon
NYC