[Ti] Hinge Repair advice

FWPHOTO fwphoto at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 10 06:16:28 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm going to attempt a hinge repair (left side only) on my 800MHz Titanium
using the Glide Kit from RADTECH & then, . . .

What?

For those who have repaired the hinges themselves, what did you do to stick
the broken pieces back together? Epoxy? Specifically what kind? Your
technique? Problems you encountered along the way?

Did you then use any reinforcement? What & how?

How has the repair lasted? I'd really like to put it back into more regular
duty. I've been using it almost exclusively on the iCurve stand with a
regular keyboard, monitor, etc., but I'd like to be comfortable with it as a
(very gently handled! ;-) portable again.

TIA,

Frank Wiewandt