[Ti] 550Mhz Logic Board

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Tue Jul 31 08:49:19 PDT 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at Tue, Jul 31 2007, 5:47 am, Simon Royal wrote:

> I didn't get the 500Mhz logic board upgrade on eBay I was after
> last week. However, I have spotted a 550Mhz logic board also on
> eBay and have a few questions if anyone can answer them.
>
> [...]

> So my question is, can I put a 550Mhz logic board into my 400Mhz
> machine? If not why not?

I think there were some design changes that would preclude such a
substitution, though they look alike. XCelerate your Mac might have
some info on what upgrades are possible for your PowerBook.

The only other thing I would mention is that purchasing logic boards
from private parties on eBay without warranty and the ability to
return it no questions asked is high risk (unless it's pretty cheap
and you're willing to suffer the loss of the purchase price or go
through the hassle of getting your money back). I purchased a TiBook
logic board via eBay and it didn't work when I got it installed.  I
had to have it repaired at extra expense.

--
Dennis Fazio