[Ti] Unpredictibility using Logitech USB headset with 10.4.8

Frank Ettenberg frank.ettenberg at chello.at
Fri Mar 23 05:20:47 PDT 2007

Hello, I just purchased a usb Logitech premium headset to do skype.
They say it is recommended for the OSX 10.4.6 but maybe not beyond
that number. I have 10.4.8.  I am experienceing a lot of
unpredictability on the part of this unit, & repeatedly have to redo
the sound preferences & the skype preferences, any time I either shut
down the account or remove the usb cable. Would of course appreciate
any experienced recommendations on  how to deal with this.   I cant
seem to predictibly get sound coming into the earphones.  It does
appear that the microphone works, since I see signs of sound being
read in the output window of the preferences.  Also, I am using a
titanium g4 PB with 1.5 gig RAM.  Await your opinions / suggestions.
Thx    Frank Ettenberg