[Ti] Prediction has come true [OT]

David Brostoff listaddr at earthlink.net
Mon May 21 14:15:27 PDT 2007

At 1:42 PM -0400 on 5/21/07, John Griffin wrote:

>Delivering on its promise of a superfast server chip, IBM Corp. said
>Monday that its new Power6 microprocessor will go on sale next
>month, boasting twice the clock speed of the previous generation
>while consuming roughly the same amount of power. [...]

It would be interesting to know the relative power consumption/heat
ouput of the IBM chips and the Intel ones currently being used by
Apple. My MacBookPro Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz is the coolest-running (and
quietest) PB I have ever had, by far. (I have previously owned a PB
170, 500, 5300, G3 WallStreet II, Ti 500 and Ti 667).

David