[Ti] Screen goes dark

Timothy D. Naegele tdnaegele.associates at gmail.com
Sat May 26 20:18:23 PDT 2007

Thanks to both Jon and Simon for your comments.

Jon said:

"Any chance it is the setting in your Energy Saver System Preference Panel
that puts your display to sleep when the computer is inactive for a
specified amount of time?"

Perhaps that is it.  I just checked it, and it was set for less than 15
minutes, and I changed it to read "never."  Perhaps that will do it.

With respect to Simon's comments, Apple replaced the inverter board when it
replaced the HD and CD-ROM drive a year or so ago, and hence hopefully it
hasn't gone bad again.

Best wishes to both of you,

Tim Naegele

Last night I was watching a DVD using Apple's DVD Player and the screen went