[Ti] TiBook Overheating

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Tue May 29 07:33:35 PDT 2007

On May 29, 2007, at Tue, May 29 2007, 9:18 am, Rafe Day wrote:

> I have an 800MHz PPC G4 1GB RAM TiBook that has started to overheat in
> recent months.

Some options to look at:

I assume there are no runaway processes causing this? (Activity
Monitor would show that.) I guess I would then check all the vents to
make sure they are not blocked by anything or clogged with dust.
Perhaps there is a thermal conductivity problem between the processor
and its heat sink. That might requires some disassembly to inspect
and perhaps some new thermal grease. But I would look at other less
traumatic options from others before going that step.

If you have a Genius Bar nearby, that might also be a good source of
advice.

--
Dennis Fazio