[Ti] Any spots on the Leopard ?

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon Nov 5 11:15:51 PST 2007

On Nov 3, 2007, at Sat, Nov 3 2007, 7:00 pm, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> - it has used up a lot of my disk space !

I did a custom install pulling out most of the printer drivers and
languages I don't use. That helped some.

> - Applejack no longer works under Leopard, which is a great pity, as
> this was my regular maintenance utility.  I hope this gets fixed
> very soon.
> I feel kind of lost without it....

Never had a need for Applejack yet with journaling and all, but a new
version should be available soon.

> - FruitMenu and Window Shade X do not work with Leopard.  These are
> part of the way I work, so this is disappointing

I believe there is an APE update for Leopard that gets things going.
However, I find with Expose, Spaces and other utilities for
application launching that don't require putting unsupported hacks in
the kernal, I've been able to purge all the APE-based utilities.

> - I feel that my Mac is running faster now

Several applications definitely do work better (especially Mail). But
my car always seems to have more pep after I change the oil too. :-)

> I hope some others have some Leopard-on-my-laptop experience to share.

Using firewire disk boot, I was able to install Leopard on my Titanium
667MHz PowerBook with no problem. Seems to run pretty well, though a
little pokey. But Tiger wasn't that speedy either. The graphics are
scaled back automatically so that the menubar is not translucent, and
neither is the dock shelf. Some people would say that is an advantage.
--
Dennis Fazio