[Ti] Any spots on the Leopard ?

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Tue Nov 6 06:57:09 PST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at Mon, Nov 5 2007, 3:50 pm, Philip Booth wrote:

>> From: Read Weaver <rweaver at igc.org>
>>
>> So the 867MHz minimum that Apple requires isn't really a requirement?
>>
> An Apple System's engineer told me that the big hang up is the video
> adapters.

It appears that Apple decided not to go the Vista route and specify
varying levels of graphic capability on different machines (i.e.,
Vista would run on older, slower machines, but you wouldn't get the
Aeroglass display). Simplicity and consistency seems to rule instead
and obviates the need to do extensive quality assurance testing on
older machine models. It works, and it does scale back on the fancy
graphics, but there won't be any help from the genius bar if it
buggers up.

--
Dennis Fazio