[Ti] Network Won't Stay Set

Obrecht, Jerry A jerry.a.obrecht at boeing.com
Mon Oct 1 08:01:16 PDT 2007

 Hi.  Having network problems on my 1 GHz, 15", TiBook: 1 GB RAM, OS
10.4.6.  Connect to the internet via a satellite modem.  The TiBook
suddenly seems to not be able to either connect consistently, or to
maintain network settings.  Also have an old iMac, also running 10.4.6,
that runs extremely well using the same satellite modem connection, so
don't believe that the problem is with the modem.

Re-installed 10.4.6 without importing the users and network settings,
thinking that something was corrupted in the old installation.  This
didn't seem to help.  To get the TiBook to connect, I have to "play"
with the Network Setup wizard to create a new connection location.  This
works for the first one or two web sites I go to, then it won't make any
more network connections till I play with the Network settings again.

Any ideas or suggestions?  Nice ones I hope.

Jerry

"An idle mind is a dangerous thing, but it sure can feel good."