[Ti] clock in sys pref doesn't agree with menu bar

David Delmonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Fri Apr 25 07:27:22 PDT 2008

I agree with Trevor, but I also think the Ti Books may contain a
Lithium-Ion battery that you may need to have replaced.

David

On Apr 25, 2008, at 10:24 AM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

On 25 Apr 2008, at 13:37, MB wrote:

> I have this strange phenomena, in OS X 10.4.8 on my trusty titanium
> 400Mhz, when I've set the clock automatically to
> time.euro.apple.com, my
> time zone is CEST which is 2+ hours compared to GMT with current
> summertime.
>
> The clock in system prefs shows the correct time when I have set it,
> but
> the displayed clock in the menu bar is 2 hours behind.
>
> If I restart sys pref, the time zone is erroneusly set to GMT. So it
> keeps reverting to the wrong time zone.
>
> Same thing if I start Sys pref app as root (with Pseudo). The clock
> inside the time panel is correct and the displayed menu bar clock is
> still 2 hours behind. The time zone is always correct  when run as
> root
> however.
>
> How can I prevent that the wrong time zone is set in my user account?
>
> I have deleted the prefs com.apple.MenuBarClock.plist which contains
> the
> property ClockLocation, which is set to 2. It wouldn't seem this is
> the
> correct place for the system clock though, but for a short time the
> time
> is correct.
>
> Any ideas are welcome.

VERY strange.......

With this sort of behaviour, I run a suite of simple / basic things,
to see if it gets fixed.

Zap the PRAM (restart several times with cmd-ctl-P-R.
Since you are still on Tiger, I would restart and run AppleJack.
Then install the latest combo update again.
Start in Safe Mode (holding down the shift key until the Ti400 has
booted.

See how it is now, to decide the next step.

Trevor