[Ti] upgrade cpu on ti G4 800 dvi?

Robert Rakita rmrakita at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 12:28:45 PST 2008

Rather than buying a new computer I am considering the possibility of
upgading the cpu on  my ti Book 800.

Over the years I have added max ram(1G), replaced the hd (160Mb), and
installed a superdrive.I have done these installations myself. These are
just things I could do. I'm not a repairman or anything akindered.

It's an assesment regarding the practicality and effort necessary, to
upgrade and install the cpu  as much as advice on equipment that I would
appreciate.

The machine has been so reliable and problem free that I hate to "retire"
it.

Thanks for your time
Bob