[Ti] drive Matshita UJ-845s not spinning up disc occasionally

Malcolm Cornelius malcolm at fireflyuk.net
Fri Jul 4 05:54:21 PDT 2008

On 30 Jun 2008, at 13:01, MB wrote:

> Malcolm Cornelius said:
>
>> Sounds like it isn't loading properly, I'd remove and reseat it, if
>> that doesn't resolve it, replace it.
>
> Reseat? You mean the actual drive or the drive housing? I suppose the
> former would make a difference, but I'm not sure how to do it.

It's a slot loading drive that's not ejecting, so it could well be
misaligned if I recall correctly, so reseating it may well resolve
your issue.

Take the bottom plate off and it's there in front of you.

If you aren't sure, surf and find a takeapart manual.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk