[Ti] drive Matshita UJ-845s not spinning up disc occasionally

MB digital.discuss at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 03:34:06 PDT 2008

Malcolm Cornelius suggested:

>It's a slot loading drive that's not ejecting, so it could well be
>misaligned if I recall correctly, so reseating it may well resolve
>your issue.

Hum, it *is* ejecting actually. It doesn't always spin up and read the
disc, that's the problem. It also burns CD's as well as DVD's
successfully and have no problem spinning up then, including reading the
disc when it has been burnt. Also the discs go in and out with no
noticable problems. When it does read the disc there are seldom any problems.

I'm wondering if the discs internally occasionally get positioned at an
askew angle and that's the reason it doesn't spin up porperly. Or maybe
the drive is dying on me. It's not very old and I'm not sure about the
warranty.