[Ti] TimeCapsule & scanner

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Tue Jul 22 15:54:54 PDT 2008

On Jul 22, 2008, at 6:10 PM, Malcolm Cornelius wrote:

>> BUT the scanning capability of the HP380 cannot be used in that way.
>>
>> I have to sit by the TimeCapsule, disconnect the printer, plug it
>> in to the USB port of my Powerbook, and then launch the scanning
>> software.
>> So much for being wireless......!
>>
>> Is there any solution / workaround to this issue ?
>
> I've never seen anything to suggest that this feature is available/
> supported - is it ?
>
> --
> Best wishes
>
> Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
> http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk

I have an HP6180 all-in-one printer connected to my network via
Airport. I can scan to other wireless computers but not to the
ethernet connected ones. Maybe its a limitation of the scanner to
connect to computers via its connection type only (usb, airport,
ethernet). Or maybe the new HP printer software update for Leopard
will help.

John

--
Define: De thing you get for breaking de law.