[Ti] Monitor Help!

FWPHOTO fwphoto at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 4 14:10:25 PDT 2008

Well, just came off the road after a few days & hooked my 800MHz TiPB up to
my 17" NEC crt monitor & man, is the picture UGLY! Don't know what happened,
but if I can't figure it out I'll have to bite the bullet & get a new one
pretty quick.

If anyone can troubleshoot the problem for me, that'd be great, too. I'd
rather not spend the $s for a new one. Here's the setup & basic problem:
- 15" 800 MHz TiPB (DVI?).
- NEC MultiSync FE771SB
- Pantone Huey (downloaded fresh software, no joy)

I used the PB for a presentation (PowerPoint & QT) with a digital project
Monday & everything went fine. Put it to sleep at end of presentation (had
been using AC adapter so battery was 100%), woke it up & plugged in monitor
when I got home today. Screen has a very blue tint & Huey can't generate a
new profile for the NEC. I do most of my photo work (Photoshop) on the NEC
so I need it at least relatively color correct.

So, if I can't get it better, what suggestion might anyone have for a new,
LOW BUDGET replacement? I'm thinking crt is still cheaper than lcd &
probably better for calibrating. I need a minimum of 17" but wouldn't mind
going slightly bigger, maybe 19" - 21" if price is right.

HELP!

TIA,

Frank