[Ti] disk can't be burned ......

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Wed Jun 11 23:47:22 PDT 2008

On 11 Jun 2008, at 22:44, Kim Gammelgård wrote:

> I have just had the same issue at a MUG-meeting yesterday on
> different computers. I would say that 10.5.3 is the culprit here.
>

> On Jun 11, 2008, at 10:16 AM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
>> I am trying to write a CD-R on my 2003 aluminium G4 Powerbook
>> (UJ-816 DVD drive) and got this message:
>>
>>      the disk can't be burned, because the device failed to
>> calibrate  the laser power level for this medium

Kim - indeed, I am using 10.5.3, but I have a partition on my 160 GB
hard disk that has 10.5 (only) on it, so I restarted from this
partition, to burn the CD from there, and got the same message.....
So that seems conclusive that it is not the OS X version that is the
source of the problem.

regards,  Trevor