[Ti] Time Capsule

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sun Mar 2 09:06:01 PST 2008

I ordered the 500 Gb Time Capsule from Apple/UK, in order to backup my
aluminium G4 Powerbook (Rev1).
It was originally scheduled for delivery 20 March, but I heard
yesterday that it shipped yesterday and will arrive on or before
Tuesday 4 March.

I was a bit surprised to read on MacRumour:

		Can't transfer an existing Time Machine backup to Time Capsule.

This seems very un-Mac-like to me!
I was kind of assuming that I could send my current TimeMachine (it is
only 1 folder) by ethernet to the new Time Capsule and start from there.
Does anyone have any further insight or information on this aspect ?

Since it is only a one-off issue, I can live with it, I am just
surprised about it.

regards,  Trevor