[Ti] TimeMachine / TimeCapsule

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed Mar 26 05:56:22 PDT 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, at 4:14 PM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
> It is switched OFF in the System Preference, I have locked it OFF,
> and yet it still keeps working !
> I have put all my disk partitions in the "do not backup" category,
> yet it is still running and preparing....

Are you saying it starts up even after you've set it to off? That
would be unusual.  If you turn it off while it's already running, it
might take a while to shut down. It has to get all its information and
links in order before quitting.

If it's a first backup, or a backup that has to copy a lot of stuff,
it might take a long time.

Another possibility is that your wireless link is weak or there is
interference and you're getting a lot of dropped packets. That will
slow it down quite a lot.

I'd let it run overnight and do its thing then. I think a feature
improvement would be the ability to set time-of-day ranges when Time
Machine can be disabled..

--
Dennis Fazio