[Ti] Read Dual Layer DVD's ?

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Mon May 19 06:57:02 PDT 2008

> From: Sam Ami <persip at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Ti] Read Dual Layer DVD's ?
>
> Hi all
> should my 17" itanium powerbook be able to read Dual Layer D...

I believe you have an aluminum, not a titanium powerbook as there were no
17" Ti books.  Use your system profiler to see what optical drive is
installed in your book.  Early models of the aluminum books had various
drives, some had original features crippled by the Apple firmware for
stability reasons and could not burn dual layer. The final versions,
1.678GHz hi-res machines were totally functional and could burn dual layer
discs.
 let us know what model your drive is and also what 17" book you have.
Cheers