[Ti] Read Dual Layer DVD's ?

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Tue May 20 19:53:22 PDT 2008

> From: Sam Ami <persip at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] Read Dual Layer DVD's ?
>
> thanks to all for replying...
> it's a MATSHITADVD-R UJ-845E....how ill i know if my drive was firware
> clocked to not allow DL burning and if so can i unlock it ?
>
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 1:15 AM, Fred <fred at mindstate.com> wrote:
>>> From: Malcolm Cornelius <malcolm at fireflyuk.net>
>>> Subject: Re: [Ti] Read Dual Layer DVD's ?

What model book do you have...processor, etc.
The 845E has the factory capabilities to burn dual layer but apple disabled
them in the models the used in their PowerBooks.  The 846 was used in the
last powerbook models...the 1.67 Hi-Res and it does have full dual layer
capabilities.

This thread should be useful for info on this.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3948887

This site should be useful for any info you might need on firmware,
flashing, etc.  scroll down...look for your machine and see if there is any
firmware avail be for your model of drive.

http://www.powerbook-fr.com/dossiers/dvd_region_free_en_article30.html

Cheers
Fred