[Ti] 10.5.3

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Fri May 30 09:49:04 PDT 2008

The day it came out, I downloaded the massive (520 MB) Combo updater
for 10.5.3, ran the update without problem, had to restart twice, and
everything seems fine.
I updated permissions before and after.

On a separate topic: I was in town (Geneva) this afternoon, and saw a
laptop (Acer?) with an 18.4" screen.  I had never seen or heard of
this size before.
It was running a BluRay disk/demo.  A generally impressive
specification.  Price CHF 1999, about $1900.

I was a bit surprised or disappointed  to see a PC with BluRay when
there is no Mac laptop with such.  I feel that Apple are no longer
leading.  There were about 20 other (mostly ugly) models of PC laptop
with very good specifications, and low prices.  Some very low.

I hope for good news next week from WWDC.

regards,  Trevor