[Ti] Re: Blueray in Macs [was 10.5.3]

Carter Lawson lawson at ipass.net
Fri May 30 19:23:55 PDT 2008

 at 8:58 PM (EDT) on 5/30/08 Ralph LEWIS wrote:

>> After all, isn't this kind of behavior
>> more like the Apple we all know where decisions aren't to benefit the
>> end user so much as to benefit the bottom line, like any corporation?
>>
>This is the most insulting comment I have seen in a long time, In my
>long association servicing apple computers and their users, I have
>found Apple to be the most user friendly maker of equipment and
>software that I have ever run across.

  Who did I insult?  Forgive me for suggesting that Apple is in it for
the money.  I guess they just make these huge profits and high margins
by accident?

  Yes, they've been highly successful making great equipment and that's
why we're all Mac users and probably always will be.  But they don't do
it because they are filled with love for humanity.

   If there is a decision that will benefit the bottom line even if it
hurts the user experience Apple won't hesitate to make it.  It would be
extremely silly of them to do otherwise.   Macs don't have to be the
best possible machines imaginable, just better than the other crap out
there, not such a high bar actually.

   Apple's first and only loyalty is to the bottom line.  Anything else
would be irrational.  Whatever else Jobs is, he isn't irrational.  If
you ever find yourself thinking otherwise you're drinking the kool aid.

  I have nothing against Apple.  I've been a loyal customer since the
Apple II (or ][ if you prefer).  I've never owned any other type of
computer (apart from a few PowerTower Mac clones), would never let
anyone I care about own any other computer, raised my kids on Macs, run
my business on Macs etc. etc. but one can be a loyal customer and still
refuse to be naive about corporate behavior.

CL