[Ti] TiBook 500, freezes.

Richard Bennet richbennetlaf at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 21 10:13:49 PST 2008

Hi all -  The reset button on back panel has been used repeatedly, because after shutting off, it won't restart without using that button. But this part is not new - it always runs fine. However now it seems that the reset button is pushed in and a bit off-center. I cannot get it to pop out.

But now after starting and running normally for 10 min or so, it freezes. No cursor movement and no response to mouse or kybd keys - except the 'caps lock' button does still light the caps lock light on the kybd.

I know the pram battery is dead, and I have a replacement.

Trying to avoid a complete teardown, but I will if I have to.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich