[Ti] System Drive problem

Read Weaver rweaver at igc.org
Fri Sep 19 16:33:03 PDT 2008

SuperDuper is available online, and I believe only online. It's main
(and only simple) use is to create a complete & bootable copy of your
hard drive. If you don't currently have a drive you can boot from,
it's not going to be useful until you get one. I could be mistaken,
but I don't think you'd be able to make a bootable CD using SuperDuper.

My understanding is that not all Firewire hard drives are bootable--
I've read that you need one with an Oxford chipset. (And note that
only Firewire drives are bootable--USB drives are not bootable with
PowerPC Macs.)