[Ti] Need new battery for 867 Ti-book

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sat Sep 20 12:47:18 PDT 2008

On 18 Sep 2008, at 01:11, Carole Franklin wrote:

> Hi Ti-book people:
>
> I have been using my 867 MHZ ti-book more on the road recently and
> my battery keeps dying on me —it lasts about 3 hours max, just using
> MsWord. I bought the laptop right when the aluminum Powerbook was
> introduced. I can’t remember when that was, but it is the original
> battery that I have. Two questions, can you recommend a back-up
> battery? There seems to be a lot of them out there with differing
> prices.

Carole - the aluminium Powerbook was introduced 5 years ago this month
(that is when I ordered my current one, that is why I remember), so if
you have the original battery from 5y ago, and are still getting 3h of
life, that seems amazing !  I would hardly call that "dying" !

Li-ion batteries seem to last about 2 years, normally, 300 to 500
'cycles'.

I use Coconut Battery to follow the status of my battery.

http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

I bought my current battery from OWC.  The first one they sent me was
defective, but they replaced it and their battery is excellent.  It
has about 10% greater capacity than the original Apple one.

Other World Computing, Inc.
1004 Courtaulds Drive
Woodstock,  IL  60098
(815)338-8685