[Ti] BookEndz not recognizing being plugged in

Read Weaver rweaver at igc.org
Thu Apr 2 16:39:33 PDT 2009

I've got a BookEndz docking station for my TiBook, and sometimes when
I insert my computer it doesn't recognize that it's plugged in, and
instead runs on battery. (All the other connections I use [USB,
video, Firewire, ethernet] are fine.) While it's certainly possible
that it's just a loose connection in the docking station I'm
wondering if anyone else has run into this with another answer.

It seems like it happens if I last ran the computer on battery before
re-docking it; if I run the computer plugged in, then shut it down,
then unplug the computer, then insert it into the dock, then turn it
on, it knows that's it's plugged in, but if I run it on battery, turn
it off, dock it, and turn it on, it thinks it's still on battery.
(But before I try each of those over and over I thought I'd see if
anyone here has experience with it.)

(This sounds kinda nuts to me, it's just a straight through
connection from the power cord through the dock to the computer--but
it actually doesn't seem to be random.)