[Ti] Re: [OT] pros and cons of Powerpoint vs Keynote

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Wed Apr 15 16:00:58 PDT 2009

On Apr 15, 2009, at 1:26 PM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> On 15 Apr 2009, at 04:08, Kent wrote:
>> pros and cons of Powerpoint vs Keynote?  I have Powerpoint (mac2008
>> version), but I wonder about Keynote.  Anyone?
>
> I have been using Keynote since it was available.  I used it for
> years to prepare hundreds and hundreds of lecture slides for
> teaching undergraduates.
> I could not have done all that I did without it.

I've also used both apps. I also agree that Keynote is one of the best
(if not the best) app that Apple sells. I've created a handful of
presentations for clients and colleagues with it.

It provides all the functionality that Powerpoint gives you, except
you won't feel that you are wrestling with the tool.

There used to be an iwork trial. If that's still available I'd
recommend taking a look at it. I don't think that  you will be
disappointed with Keynote.

--
Tarik