[Ti] Re: [OT] pros and cons of Powerpoint vs Keynote

M Burke mburke6225 at aol.com
Wed Apr 15 22:57:49 PDT 2009

Pros:  Power Point is universal and cross platform.
Cons:  It looks dated and old school because it is.

Pros:  Keynote creates sharp looking presentations with many
transition and media advantages.
Cons:  While it can cross platform through the export option to turn
it into a Power Point presentation, transitions are lost and so is
font handling for Mac specific fonts.

I have worked with both programs.  My choice depends upon
application.  If it is being shown on PC computers I still make it in
Keynote and dumb down the fonts and transitions so I can export it for
PC.  However, if shown on a Mac system with a head to head comparison,
Keynote blows Powerpoint away.