[Ti] Re: startup trouble

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Wed Apr 29 09:43:33 PDT 2009

On 29 Apr 2009, at 15:05, Arne Hulstein wrote:

> Ok, the reset did the trick.

do you mean the reset button?

> But now I have got a CD stuck in my drive which is stopping it from
> starting. To determine whether it was the harddisk or something
> related I put a linux boot disk in my mac. That was probably the
> worst idea ever... ;-) Anyway, it now is stuck and I have not got a
> clue on how to get it to eject the disk... Any thoughts? More key
> combinations?

you have to hold down the trackpad button upon start up, and the disk
should come out....

provided that it is not physically stuck, in which case

you have to use a paper clip to press the tiny eject button inside the
slot, perhaps in combination with a business card held below or above
the disk.to help guide the CD out

Let me know how you get on.

regards,  Trevor