[Ti] black screen

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sat Dec 26 01:03:23 PST 2009

On 24 Dec 2009, at 21:42, Robert Rakita wrote:

> Ti Book /DVI 800 mhz 1G ram 160HD
>

> Powering up, the chime sounds but neither the screen, apple logo or power cord indicator light up.
> The battery is old, still has (or had) a charge.
>  I mention this because I would expect the battery to power up or attempt to power up the puter if the power cord was defective.
>
> The book seems to be still working - slight hum to the hd and the book stays warm
>
> This condition simply "just" happened.ie:using the book I put it down,turned to make a phone call picked up the book and  - - nothing. No symptoms.
>
> Thanks for any input, help, or opinions.

Bob - although my Ti-book was stolen in 2003, so it seems a distant memory, I do recall that there was a reset button (on the back, recessed, needed a paper clip to activate it).

Did you try that  ?

Also, try zapping the P-RAM (restart with option-Apple-P-R keys pressed until the 2nd chime)

Try swapping a battery with someone, for a test ?

Did you try an external monitor / projector ?

I hope you have a good backup of your data.

Let us know how things progress....

regards,  Trevor