[Ti] OS upgrade

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Sun Feb 8 15:38:23 PST 2009

On Feb 8, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Kent wrote:

> Now if only I could update the processor!  Thanks for
> straightening me out, everyone!   I sometimes forget
> that I have one of the older machines!
> Has anyone gotten a new MacBook Pro yet?

Yes. I recently bought the late 2008 15" MBP  (2.53 Ghz). I'm dual
booting  (10.5 and Windows 7 beta) it using bootcamp.

I'm very happy with the machine. The build quality and speed are
excellent and the battery life seems reasonable too. My one gripe is
the glossy display which I really don't like. Sadly Apple don't give
us the option on the 15" but there is already an (expensive)
aftermarket service to upgrade it, which I might go for. The
reflections off the glass are really annoying.

--
Tarik