[Ti] It's Alive... TiBook Dead Update

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Tue Mar 24 16:32:02 PDT 2009

Hi Dan

That is very strange behaviour
Mostly as the Apple logo illuminates but the screen does not, as far
as I am aware (and I have had many Ti's apart) its impossible.
The Apple Logo bleeds light from the screens backlight to glow, if you
dim and raise the screen brightness the logo's glow goes with it.
As your logo glows independently of the screen you have hardware
issues that cause the LED to blank out and the backlight to be on.
This is very strange and is unlikely to have anything to do with the
inverter as it powers the backlight that is illuminating your Apple
logo.
I work for Apple and will ask some of the genesis guys if they have
seen this behaviour before and get back to you

Alex