[Ti] old computers + a bit off topic

Robert Rakita rmrakita at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 15:50:24 PDT 2010

I work with someone from Ghana, a member of a prominent family in that
country, that  periodically sends containers of " charity" items to Ghana.
Clothes, appliances, tv's,cooking  items, sports  items, decorative
enhancements, tools, toys, motors(gas/ electric), etc.

To quote" they have nothing -nothing, everything can be used or fixed- they
will find a use for it"

Not the least of sought after items are computers and related peripherals -
 -books etc. Old  and  broken , does not mean it is not useful, if not for
anything else but parts.

He lives in South Amboy Nj, USA. BUT,

regardless of anyone's location on the planet, (pretty sweeping statement
huh?)

He is willing to coordinate a pick up and shipping. A conversation will
verify how practical this is, but none the less:

Email: <akromg at yahoo.com>

Telephone: 973-444-5435

Considering an expose I saw on "60 minutes" this option beats the tar out of
scam green organizations claiming to recycle  - - -and the stuff gets
shipped to Chinese toxic chop shops. Not exactly what I consider recycling.

(yah, Bob riding the  high horse --sorry - - had to say it)
--

and,lest we forget, friendship is more important than politics, religion, or
even - art.