[Ti] OS 9 for 1GHz Ti Book

Leon Scheible gacct002 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 18:29:18 PDT 2010

I am in need of the software load/restore disks for an 867MHz or 1GHz
Titanium Powerbook.  I need the original disks that came with the PB
when it was purchased and that have the installer for OS 9.2.x.

I recently purchased a used Ti Book 1GHz to replace my Power Mac G4
desktop system which had become almost useless because of intermittent
problems.  I have a MacBook Pro with OSX but still have a lot of OS 9
apps and games that I ran on the Power Mac.

The used Ti Book did not include the disks when I purchased it.  I
loaded OS 9.2.1 from a retail package that I own, updated to 9.2.2.
and booted up. This revision of OS 9 only allows 256 colors and
results in a messed up display.  Researching this on line it appears I
am not the only one who has encountered this problem and that the
867MHz/1GHz Ti Books require  machine specific OS 9 install disks
because of the video hardware in these PowerBooks.  Therefore my
requests for the disks.

I would be willing to purchase these disks or functioning copies, or
rent or borrow them in order to get a correctly operating bootable OS
9  on my system.