[Ti] Dead TI

Jacob Ritorto Jacob.Ritorto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:31:04 PDT 2010

I have a similar but older g4 tibook that inexplicably tanked and gives
no response to power whatsoever.  No apparent cause.  Didn't figure out
why so it's prolly heading for the garbage pile.

Do you get any signs of life at all?  Chime, screen flash, sleep light,
anything?  If so you could try a pram reset.  This nukes and defaults
all special settings at the openboot level, before the OS is loaded or
anything like that.  If I recall corretly you have to hold down
option-apple-p-r right after hitting the power button, but you might
want to verify that sequence via google or something.  Legend has it
that to even more completely clear everything from pram you're supposed
to hold those keys down until the chime rings three times, then all
settings are wantonly smashed back to factory defaults.  Sounds like a
fairy tail to me, but you know Jobs..

hth