[Ti] Dead TI

paulatx1 at aol.com paulatx1 at aol.com
Thu Sep 30 21:09:25 PDT 2010

If nothing else works to repair your Ti  and you are going to scrap it for parts, at least try to recover your hard drive.  Remove the harddrive ( directions can be found online, and if I can do it, you can do it ) and install the hard drive in a external hard drive enclosure.  I think it would be a 2 1/2 inch enclosure.  I'm not sure if it is  ATA/IDE  or SATA, but I would guess it is a ATA/IDE drive.  But the enclose for it, install the hard drive in the enclosure, then hook it up to another Mac computer (via USB cable) and that way you should have access to all the information on your hard drive!  A portable,external hard drive!     Macs should be able to ready your drive.  PCs will  not be able to read your drive  and will attempt to erase it and reformat it (and your data will be lost).
          Paula