[Ti] case screw stuck in DVI holder, solutions?

MiB digital.discuss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 06:07:07 PST 2011

I was way too tired when I accidently put a  3 mm Phillips case screw
into the wrong screwhole, the DVI display connector in a 1,67Mhz Alu.
The hole to the left in this pic: <http://img.skitch.com/20080324-pscp8xsqrmqcp5ba88r61g6iaq.jpg
 >.
This issue is even mentioned in the Apple repair manual, which I have,
but I read the iFixit manual instead – duh!

I summarized available solutions like superglue on a screwdriverhead –
although I have bad experience with superglue actually holding up –
and take out the logic board and I wil try the first one. But I
thought I might ask if you guys would offer your thoughts on the
problem.

/MB