1. mail.app losing passwords

sc at creativeartlink.com sc at creativeartlink.com
Thu Dec 19 07:24:13 PST 2002

the keychain repair showed no problems.... but this was the 1st time
that i opened my keychain access and took a look... apparently on the
bottom pane ...ask for confirmation was checked ... am switching to
always allow... and hopefully this will solve the problem.

i have often gotten a window asking if i would allow decription of my
mail accounts ( usually after installing an upgrade or patch) and i
always select 'always allow' but either that didn't hold or i missed
one ;-). will come back for more help if this doesn't solve it..

THANK YOU!

/s

> ps ... got to the link below which didn't work for me by going to :
> http://www.apple.com
> clicked on the support tab
> and then entered the article # from below : 107234
>
> thanks... hope it works will report back.
>
> /s

> thank you martin & aaron... i've never authorized keychain to remember
> any passwords for me.... are you saying that mail.app has been using
> that anyway.. behind my back so to speak ... and it just became
> corrupted?
> /s

S.Cooper
Creative Art Link