[X-Apps] VueScan (WAS Re: [X-Apps] Epson 1260 Photo Printer)

Judi Sohn judi at momathome.com
Thu Dec 19 16:18:59 PST 2002

On Thursday, December 19, 2002, at 02:12 PM, Dragonberry.com wrote:

> Do you have any first hand experience using the scanner Epson 836XL
> with OSX
> 10.2.2 and VueScan?
> Is it as simple as installing the VueScan software for it to work in
> OSX
> with Photoshop 7?

I can't answer you about the scanner, I use VueScan with an Epson 636U.
But I can say that it's super easy to use and getting easier with each
revision (and it's revised OFTEN!). It creates much better scans than I
was getting out of the Epson Twain driver in OS 9. I have it save a
.tif file to the desktop, and then I open that file in Photoshop to
edit. I typically rename the file in the Finder before editing (by
default the file is named something like crop001.tif from VueScan).
There may be a way to scan directly into Photoshop, but it works just
fine doing it separately.

--
Judi Sohn
judi at momathome.com