[X-Apps] Mail & attachments

Carlos Leal carlos.leal at qualdata.net
Tue Apr 8 07:45:54 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 01:37  AM, Emma Gilbride wrote:

> I have sent several people email with attachments using Mail. The
> attachments arrived as .bin files. Unfortunately, they have Windows
> computers and can't open the attachments.
>
> How do I send attachments (Excel, Word) using Mail without having them
> altered?
>
> I'm using: Mail 1.2.3, OS 10.2.4
>
> Thanks

I've been exchanging docs with MS users for over a year with no
problems and am on the same rev levels you are. Since the attached
files are sent with MIME encoding perhaps they are using non-standard
(for Windows) mail clients.

The only gotcha I know of when using mail is to make sure that the
attached file is the last item on the message.

I'd also make sure that the file suffix is displayed as in .doc, .xls
or .rtf.

There are no encoding options for Mail available.

Discussion at http://www.info.apple.com/ by typing 58487 into the
search window which will get you the doc entitled "Macintosh: About
Sending and Receiving Enclosures or Attachments in Email Messages"

--Carlos