Safari: Secure sites through a proxy

Stacy J. Dunkle sdunkle at pennswoods.net
Thu Apr 17 09:17:15 PDT 2003

Hey all,

 An iMac where I work cannot view secure sites with Safari for some reason. We
use a proxy, and all the proxy settings are correct, and all of the other
browsers on the machine can view secure sites just fine. When you try to bring
up a secure https site, it just looks and looks for it, finally telling you it
cannot be found.

 It's been like this since the first Safari beta, and continues even with the
latest.

 I was wondering, is this a known issue? Does anyone else have the same
problem? I Googled around, and even searched Apple's support site, but could
not find anything about this problem.

 If it's not a known issue, I'm thinking maybe the best thing to do would be
to wipe out Safari, and re-install. However, I don't think simply dragging the
Safari icon to the trash will do. Does anyone know what and where all other
preference files Safari uses are kept?

Thanks!
Stace

--