[SUMMARY] iMail crashing with bad mail post

Chris Tangora chris.tangora at news-jrnl.com
Thu Apr 24 07:23:13 PDT 2003

Thanks to all who have responded to this.  I must say that the winner for
this question is Thomas Karns!  (ding ding ding ding).  His answer allowed
us to view the message and gave us great insight into the inner workings of
X.  We had gone through Terminal and done essentially the same thing, but
now we know how to do it using the GUI.  This is a great thing for anyone to
try, it is really interesting to see the email in this format.  But on that
note ...   Anybody know how to read the table of contents on there? seemed
to have alot of extra characters (viewing it with simpletext and TexEdit
(original name of program)).  I figured out to do a search on closing html
tag in order to separate the messages.  Anybody know of a better way?

Thanks again to all who replied.  I am definitely going to use some of the
suggestions listed for my email filtering/usage.

P.S. - Make sure you don't copy the mbox out of the folder otherwise you
need ROOT to get it back in.

Chris Tangora
Production Services
News-Journal Corporation