iTunes 4

hart at nasw.org hart at nasw.org
Tue Apr 29 09:00:50 PDT 2003

> I'm sure there'll be a lot of comment on the changes to the brushed
> aluminum look of iTunes 4, with its flatter buttons. The one thing
> that bothers me, though, is that text is not antialiased. It looks
> pretty bad. Am I the only one seeing this?

Apparently I'm not. MacFixit has an item today about this and the
solution:

"In the System Preferences under the General Preferences pane, there is
an option for font smoothing.  Mine was set to turn off text smoothing
for font sizes 9 and smaller.  I changed this to 8 or smaller, and then
quit and re-launched iTunes, and viola, the font looked good again."
Shawn Platkus

Stephen Hart
http://eugraph.com