[X-Apps] Airport signal strength / MacStumbler

Ken Rossman rossman at columbia.edu
Fri Aug 1 11:46:37 PDT 2003

By the way (and a bit off topic for this list, but we're already rolling
on this topic, so)...

I've been wanting to purchase a 15" powerbook at some point (maybe even
a used one, I don't know), but I had heard the PowerBooks (at least the
earlier ones) had real serious Airport reception problems.  I figured
at first I would wait and see if Apple was going to upgrade the 15"
model so it had all the cool new stuff in it (Bluetooth, Airport
Extreme,
faster Firewire and USB, etc), but I don't see that happening very soon.

Instead, however, can anyone tell me if Apple has fixed the problems
they were having with earlier Titanium Airport reception??  If so,
with which model(s) was this change made?

tnx,