[X-Apps] Virtual PC

Thomas Karns tomak223 at mac.com
Sun Aug 3 10:27:32 PDT 2003

On Saturday, August 2, 2003, at 06:48  PM, Patrick Story wrote:

> I'm having a hard time setting up windows xp on vpc 6.0.1 to connect
> to the internet using my mac's dsl connection. Does anyone a simple
> way to do this? I'm new to the vpc/windows thing. The only reason I
> need this POS is to run some work software and I need to connect to my
> company's website from my home. I have a G4 tower dual 1GH with a gig
> of RAM. Thanks for any help.

I am not certain this works with XP, as I use 98.  When you launch VPC
click the settings button, go to networking, enable networking.  I use
the 1st option shared networking via sockets.
This is from Mac Help VPC help.  There is a lot of useful information
in help.

Shared Networking
When this option is selected, the PC shares the TCP/IP address of the
Mac.

When you select Shared Networking, you are able to alternate between
the Mac and PC, and access the Internet without resetting any network
information.

I am only guessing that it may work the same in XP as it does in 98.

I hope I have been helpful.  If you need more help you might want to
give the X4U list a try as there is more traffic and many more helpful
members.

Tom K.