HP 5600-series printer and driver

hart at nasw.org hart at nasw.org
Fri Aug 15 18:50:44 PDT 2003

Anyone else using an HP 5600-series inkjet printer?

When I first installed the printer, it worked as advertised, and I
could also print OK by way of printer sharing. But then I had a problem
on my G4 where just choosing the printer in the print dialog would
cause any application to quit unexpectedly.

After a few experiments, I started from scratch and deleted the drivers
(both OS X and OS 9), ran the 10.2.6 combo updater again and
reinstalled the drivers. Now I can print from my G4.

But my wife's G4 PowerBook still has the unexpected quit symptom when
trying to print using a shared printer. We installed the driver on her
PowerBook, and it prints OK.

I'm wondering if there's some leftover file related to printer sharing.

Stephen Hart
http://eugraph.com