[X-Apps] Telstra Big Pond Cable for Mac OS X ? (Australia)

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 25 17:11:35 PDT 2003

At 9:43 AM +1000 26/8/03, Thomas wrote:
>The Telstra support people say, depending on who
>you talk to (a) you can't use OSX at all with
>their cable; (b) you have to run some software
>in classic to make it work and then use a
>classic browser; (c) you can download some Mac
>OS X software to make it work.
>
>Has anybody successfully used Mac OSX with
>Telstra cable? If so, how did you do it?

Thomas,

I'm happily using it (and have for about 18mths now.

Indeed Telstra provides a "Bigpond Toolbar"
product that gives you live updates of your
consumption. Its available as a OS 9 or OS X
product.

If you only have a single connection you need to
use (last time I looked anyway) a Classic App to
connect.

I have a network and all I've done is configured
the Router (Netgear MR314) to connect using the
Bigpond user details that they provided. Then all
my other machines (1 x OS 9, 2 x 10.2.6 and 1 x
10.2.6 Server) use the DHCP settings from the
Router.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark
--
Windows 95 /Win' d–z/: n., 32-bit extensions and
a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit