[X-Apps] Mail.app is crashing in Panther for me

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Tue Dec 2 06:58:34 PST 2003

Don't know why or if its a coincidence, but I have found that using
"rebuild mailbox" on your inbox or high traffic boxes tends to solve
the email locking up issue, especially if you lose your network
connection in the middle of a mail retrieve.

On Saturday, November 29, 2003, at 11:32  PM, Miguel Palacios (lists)
wrote:

> I've noticed that when i leave mail.app minimized for a period of time
> and I get back to it to pick up mail or read a message, most times it
> crashes.  It won't start unless I reboot (not even login off my user
> works).  It's a weird crash, it displays the main window, but it just
> disappears.
>
> Looking for clues in the console crash logs, it mentions an
> EXEC_BREAKPOINT, which I'm sure it's a  trap in the code for a certain
> condition (not too helpful for me), that the folks in Cupertino to
> look for.  Sometimes I notice a pre-binding message, but that could be
> when I'm attempting a restart after the crash.  The addressbook is
> closed, and I only have 1 IMAP and 1 POP account configured in the
> application.
>
> Other than closing the app and restarting when I want to use it, what
> do you suggest?   Have you seen this?  If so, how did you get around
> it?
>
> Anxiously waiting for 10.3.2,
>
> Miguel

> <X-Apps-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <X-Apps-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> DVIator   | Run Dual ADC displays on your G4 or just one on an older
> Mac! Dr. Bott  | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/DVIator.html>
>
>   Support   | Support this list by clicking here before you buy!
>  this List  |  http://www.themacintoshguy.com/support.html

Scott Warren
Shelton Schools
www.shelton.org